Approved Unban Request for Dark Angel, Moyu, Luna, and Oats/Caberman

Discussion in 'Bans / Unbans' started by Luna!11!1!!!!, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Luna!11!1!!!!

Luna!11!1!!!! New Member

Discussion Title: Unban Request - Dark Angel, Moyu, Luna, and Oats/Caberman
    Category: Unbans
    Username: Ahegao (Dark Angel), ᵖᵏᗰαуσ✪ (Moyu), Luna, and Caberman
    Steam_Id: STEAM_0:1:79239274, STEAM_0:1:176621697, STEAM_0:1:197709504, STEAM_0:1:219843193
    Description: So it was just an average day of chilling on elite, nothing different from the other days. So then we start joking around (I forgot who started this) and someone initiated a voteban on milk. So being in the happy and carefree state we were in, we joined in. We didn't think we would actually voteban milk, until it was too late. I think we should be unbanned because nibbler, a retired elite tester, also took part in the fun. But, he was not banned, leaving the rest of us in confusion. Also, this may be a personal problem, but when I click on the G-S.N rules, they don't appear for me. Instead, it gives me an error saying, "404 page not found." Again, this may be a personal problem, but thanks to this, I was not familiarized with the rules of the server. Which was one of the reasons one of the admins banned us, "HunniiBear - Last Saturday at 12:37 PM Plus they should know the rules." In addition, we went asking around to people who got banned for using the voteban system the same way we did, and they said their bans were 2 weeks long. Our ban has been longer, and thanks to this we have learned to not abuse the voteban system. We have learned our lesson and deeply apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you.

2. Orthros

Orthros (G-S.N) Admin

The four of you were banned for vote-banning another player, abusing the vote system in the process.

I've seen how a fun bit of abuse like this can get out of hand. I also know that you're all fun people to hang out with. I'd be willing to let this punishment end as long as you follow the rules from now on. For a detailed look at the rules, check https://www.qwdsa.com/threads/revised-rules.355/ .

Additionally, Nibbler was dealt with separately. I won't say how, as I'd rather have his permission to do so. That said, you seem sincere. However, if we find your story to be incomplete, the consequences will be severe.

I will speak with the other staff and get back to you. Keep in mind, however, that I am no longer actively playing TF2 and as such have little power over the final decision.

Good luck. -Orthros

3. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

Nibbler was not banned because while looking back at the logs he left the game after he votebanned and rejoined meaning his vote was reset and didn't count anymore. People who were banned previously were banned from all GSN servers for 2 weeks. We have never banned anybody on Elite for abusing the voteban system because most people know it's wrong given the amount of time they've played on GSN already. However, I was not the one who banned you from Elite, Mun was. And when I talked to him about it when it happened his reasonings were very logical. Finding out who votebanned people is not an easy thing. It takes time and on that day, you wasted Mun's time and my time. In addition, Elite is a privilege. It's not a regular server Mun whipped up but had a lot of time and effort put into it and a lot of convincing for him to make it. I also remember that in those logs Nibbler warned you all that you would be banned if you votebanned another player without an actual reason so you didn't really need the rules list. But I will leave this to @Mun to decide.

4. Luna!11!1!!!!

Luna!11!1!!!! New Member

Ummmm, I don't think you guys know how it works. If you leave and comeback the voteban will still be there because the person getting votebanned is still there and vice versa. If you looked back at the logs you would also see that milk disconnected and joined back in, and the votebans still stayed. This was because the people votebanning him still stayed. Also, I don't recall you guys saying it's a privilege, even on the G-S.N elite group page it states, "This is a whitelist protected server for pro dodgeball players to play against people at or above their skill level. Be warned, most players in this group have years of practice. If you have just started out you may want to play for a bit longer until you get better. If you feel as though you are already at a pro level, sign up. We would love to have you apart of this community :)" I don't see it stating the elite server being a privilege anywhere. Even through the rest of the text on that page. That's about all I can address, whether you guys want to unban us is up to you.

5. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

I don't remember that being the case for votebans but maybe I'm mixing it up with the votemap command. Elite being a privilege shouldn't have to be typed for people to know that. It was created because long time players wanted a place where they could play against people of their skill level. In this situation, you all have played on GSN long enough to know it is wrong based on what you witness in our servers and common sense along with a warning from Nibbler beforehand. You were lucky enough to get into Elite based solely on your skill while others don't get to say that. How you act in the Elite server shouldn't be worse than it is in the regular server but it was and therefore your ban length was longer than others. I believe it's been a little over a month since you all were banned from Elite so in my opinion, you should be unbanned but like I said, I'll leave it to @Mun

6. Mun

Mun Administrator

No account you listed was banned. Normally for things like this it would be a few week ban, instead I remove your rights to play on Elite.

Anyways, you can apply for Elite again. You will have to fill out the form. You will also have to be retested.

Don't abuse voteban next time.

Garyx likes this.
  7. CrackuhJax

CrackuhJax Retired (G-S.N) Admin

Goodluck in your tests! Hope fully you don't fail '<_'

Garyx likes this.