Should We Make The G.S.N Rocket Faster or Keep it The Way it is?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Freak, Jan 28, 2017.

?

Should we change the G.S.N Rocket speed

1. Yes

26.3%
  2. No

68.4%
  3. Maybe if it's possible

5.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freak

Freak New Member

I want Everyone's opinion on Changing the rocket speed or we should just keep the same rocket as it is

2. Yes, definitely

Freak likes this.
  3. secksbag

secksbag New Member

fuck no, why mess with something that isn't broken, plus the rockets are legit the only reason people come to gsn, and you want to change it? gsn has the best rockets out of all the other servers, how about we not mess with it lol

4. Plumpy

Plumpy New Member

I voted yes, but i feel like we need to take into consideration the fact that gsn db is a good learning server, and for new players who aren't active on the forums this vote may be one sided for better players. I think elite defidently needs a big speed boost, but regular gsn doesn't need a large one, although a small one might be nice.

Freak likes this.
  5. secksbag

secksbag New Member

i dont think so, have u seen dragonball? faster=/=better, they will just end up fucking stuff up

6. Freak

Freak New Member

Don't attack other peoples opinions ty

7. secksbag

secksbag New Member

"attacking" by countering with another opinion? wtf i didnt call him a fucking retard or something

8. Plumpy

Plumpy New Member

Dragonball may be a little fast but somewhere in-between there and what we have now I personally think would be ideal. Rounds tend to take a very long time, and to me the spawn rocket feels almost slow motion. Elite however also feels slow on start, and for good/better players it doesn't make sense to have to wait for the rocket to speed up to have some action. This is just how I feel about it, though I do agree the rocket doesn't need a large speed boost on the regular gsn server.

9. Freak

Freak New Member

I am just saying :)

10. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

I don't understand why it's such a big deal that it takes 5 seconds longer for the rocket to speed up. And if you mean have the spawn rocket at 80 mph, then that wouldn't be ideal. For players that are new, they have to start out with a slow rocket so they're consistent and can get ready for a faster speed once they hit that first airblast. If they get hit with a fast ass rocket in the beginning, then most likely they will die. Sure, it might be nice for good players but a lot of people on the regular San Jose server are new to the game mode. If they die over and over because of the spawn rocket, they will leave.

Most of the people, if not all, that are apart of this post are good dodgeball players. Try thinking about those who are not. Though it is not my place to decide. @Mun

11. Plumpy

Plumpy New Member

I think you bring up some strong points, I did mention how players who may be newer, probably aren't active on forums and won't have a say in this. Despite this I think Elite does need a speed increase, although it may take "5 seconds" to speed up it tends to add up on round time, and even then it's just an inconvenice that can be removed for the better players on elite. Based on your arguement however, I'm going to have to change my stance and say that for the regular gsn server the rocket should stay the same. I think it's a good way to learn and if we want people to stay in the community, we shouldn't make the game too much harder. This is assuming we can change elite and not regular.

12. CrackuhJax

CrackuhJax Retired (G-S.N) Admin

The rocket speed should be kept the same. This server's rocket have been the same, to my knowledge, pretty much the whole lifespan of GSN. There's nothing wrong with having a "slow" rocket. And it's not like hitting a slow rocket is hard, the challenge is to be consistent enough to get the rocket (that you guys call slow) to get faster. You guys want to make the newer players suffer and struggle, because you're too lazy to wait a bit, or to right click the rocket more? That's pretty selfish.

And if you want the rockets to be faster, that changes the way people play and could definitely make people quit. Different servers have different rockets, and that's a good thing. People play on one server for really fast rockets, play on a different one for slow rockets, play on one for bounce, etc. You like panda's rockets? Play there. You like Disc's rockets? Play there. GSN's rockets are perfectly fine.

However, I can see the argument for making the starting speed on ONLY the Elite server higher. The player skill average is a lot higher there, so raising the starting speed 20-30 mph would be something I can agree on possibly. But not changing how fast the rocket speeds up, that makes no sense.

Also Dav change your frikn profile pic you booger.

13. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

I can see Elite getting faster spawn rockets because people on elite should be able to catch them.

Ducky you do realize that you're the one who started this post and you're the one ruining it by mocking other people? You're suggesting that you want the rocket to change because people that have played for a long time should be considered first? Stop being selfish. This is the problem with these types of suggestions that long time players like you make. You don't think of the community as a whole. You think of yourself and the twenty other good players that it can benefit. Not the other hundreds of people that connect to our servers who are new to the game mode. We already made a server for good people and made an alternative suggestion to make those spawn rockets on that specific server faster. Yet, you still want it on the regular server? You're trying to speak for every other person who plays on our dodgeball server when the only people you've contacted on this are those who have played for years.

14. CrackuhJax

You should really learn to use grammar, Ducky. I don't see why you're trying to insult me as it's not gonna help your argument. And none of the things you said even made sense. I played on dragon's server a lot because I was invited to play in the tourney there, had nothing to do the rockets, like what are you even talking about.

The rest of what you said is so grammatically a mess that I honestly don't even know how to respond to it.

15. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

Ducky, we were actually trying to tell you what's wrong with your suggestion and made an alternative suggestion but instead you chose to have banter. Don't be a child who complains because he didn't get his ice cream.

@Mun No point in reading this post and wasting your time. Creator of it obviously isn't serious and just insults people that go against his opinion.

16. HunniiBear

HunniiBear (G-S.N) Admin

Lmao deletes his posts that insult people? Wow good way to resolve your issue.

17. Freak

Freak New Member

whatever i am only here for the results and no one cares about grammar online jax and i really only want whats best for the people of gsn :D

18. Freak

Freak New Member

I am trying to be a nice person here go away :(

19. Freak

Freak New Member

Yo for real don't make me go off on you and munzy I am trying don't get on my nerves

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  20. CrackuhJax

Based off that last reply, I'm not even gonna bother. You didn't even try to argue your point, you came in here wanting to start an argument, this is a waste of time. The sad part is that there are people who legitimately want to have a discussion and try and change something for what they think is the better, but you just ruined it for everybody.

His latest post before he edited it:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.