ServerStatus Rebuild!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Mun, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Mun

Mun Administrator

2. Mun

Mun Administrator

@SuniHost

It looks like the function file_get_contents is being blocked.

When you look at the puller it states errors like:

'Warning: file_get_contents(185.53.130.148:2082): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/joordy599/public_html/status/pull/index.php on line 192'

-and-

'Warning: file_get_contents(https://cdn.content-network.net/.uptime.txt): failed to open stream: Connection timed out in /home/joordy599/public_html/status/pull/index.php on line 192'

[​IMG]

The only thing I can think of is that the host / server is blocking file_get_contents() functionality.

3. SuniHost

SuniHost New Member

So if not then what would be another solution?

4. Mun

Mun Administrator

Can you PM me your config?

5. SuniHost

SuniHost New Member

6. Mun

Mun Administrator

It seems you aren't running any of the uptime.php / uptime_used.php files.

The way server status works is that is pulls from a specific PHP file with all that info listed in JSON.
    Currently you are just pointing at your regular pages, which the ServerStatus script won't process.

You need to place either this file: https://github.com/Munroenet/ServerStatus/blob/Munzy/uptime.php
    -or-
    This file: https://github.com/Munroenet/ServerStatus/blob/Munzy/uptime_used.php on your remote boxes which you want to monitor. Then edit your config to point to the address where ever you may have placed them.

Uptime.php will show free resources.
    Uptime_used.php will show used resources.

ServerStatus can not monitor hosts without the uptime file.

7. SuniHost

SuniHost New Member

Nothing works as you giving me the resources so i think i need to use a dump uptime instead of this great one

8. Mun

Mun Administrator

ServerStatus relies on the uptime.php file being on the remote box. If that file isn't there, then ServerStatus won't work.

9. shadycuz

shadycuz New Member

Munzy,
    I installed the server and it's up. uptime.la-tech.co, but its not seeing anything. uptime.la-tech.co/uptime.php or la-tech.co/uptime.php or serverip:8080 , they all work and give output but it's not reflected on the server. I'm not great with linux or php stuff but I'm running webmin/virtualmin and my wordpress is working and I followed your steps to the letter.
    Thanks,
    Levi

10. Mun

Mun Administrator

Can you send me a copy of your includes/config.php file in a private message on here please.

11. cranbaries

cranbaries New Member

12. Mun

Mun Administrator

What? It works fine on my servers with just the ip. Can you please provide more details. If you wish to keep them private you can message me on the forum via a private message.

cranbaries likes this.
  13. cranbaries

cranbaries New Member

Hi

But how do we run it on the ESX server

14. Mun

Mun Administrator

From my understanding ESX doesn't support PHP due to its "lightweightness". Due to this my script won't run on your ESX hypervisor due to this limitation.

cranbaries likes this.
  15. cranbaries

cranbaries New Member

So ESX server Do you have suggestions for follow-up?

16. Mun

Mun Administrator

If you mean by follow up as other options, you might be able to use the bash or perl script with it... but I have no idea on it and you will have to figure it out on your own.

17. DarkID

DarkID New Member

is it possible to add windows server???

18. Mun

Mun Administrator

As of the moment I have no coded uptime.php for windows.

19. DarkID

DarkID New Member

20. Mun

Mun Administrator