[DISC-FF] DB Flame Thrower Sound Fix

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Mun, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Mun

Mun Administrator

Their is this annoying fire noise on DIC-FF DB servers and below I will show you how to fix.

Requirements:

Moderate computer experience.
    Sound Fix Files :: http://cdn.content-network.net/Mun/apps/disc-ff-db-sound-fix/disc-ff-db-sound-fix.zip

Tutorial:

Step 1: Launch your Steam library by right clicking the steam icon and then selecting "Library".
    pic_1.png

Step 2: Right Click Team Fortress 2 and then click "Properties".
    pic_2.png

Step 3: Click the "Local Files" tag and then Click "Browse Local Files".
    pic_3.png

Step 4: A Explorer window should pop up and then select the "tf" folder, if it doesn't repeat the steps starting at step 1.

pic_4.png

Step 5: Now select the "download" folder.
    pic_5.png

Step 6: Now select the "maps" folder.
    pic_6.png

Step 7: Download the DISC-FF DB Sound Fix Files and copy the contents of the zip file into the "maps" folder.
    pic_7.png

Step 8: If it prompts you to overwrite files, select "Don't Copy" for all files.
    pic_8.png

Step 9: Launch TF2 and enjoy peace and quiet!

Mun

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  2. Vespero

Vespero New Member

Jew has already made a fix for this that can be used to the whole server, but it requires adding a few things to the download table.
    Sadly with this fix, it only works client-side so people who have not done this can still cause the sound for the people who have done this.

3. Mun

Mun Administrator

Yes, I heard about Jew's fix when I asked why it had not been fixed already. As such I made a client option so the client could fix the issue without having to wait for DISC-FF to install the fix on the server.

However you are wrong on people without the fix causing the issue with the clients whom have the fix. This fix will fix the client with the installed fix even if someone else on the server doesn't have the fix.

Mun

4. Mun

Mun Administrator

.... Need to fix quote bubble, will do when I have a chance.

5. Mun

Mun Administrator

:) fixed!